I suggest you ...

Subtasks due dates

Hi! Firstly, nice to see that you added subtasks
What I think this is still missing though is due dates for subtasks.
Also a due date for the projects? or maybe project mile stones?

Thanks!

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hassan KhalidHassan Khalid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Enable subtask date and comments  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hugh LittleHugh Little commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This would be very helpful. Everybody uses Redbooth a little differently to organize. If it's easy to add due dates and even separate assignments to subtasks that would be awesome.

• Nick DobbingNick Dobbing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subtasks in effect create a third level in the work taxonomy, and they *would* be useful if they were more than just comments. Most of all, I want to be able to assign subtasks to anyone, notwithstanding the parent task ownership.

• KK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Due dates on subtasks would be very helpful. I would like to set them as milestones or assign them to other team members.

• jeremyjeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be great for a "stage gate" type of sign off for design projects.
        particularly if paired with the old team box gantt chart task view

• ClintClint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't necessarily see due dates on sub tasks as required as they should inherit the due date of the task. That said I'd love to see some dependency linking between sub tasks such that when one is complete there is a notification that you can move to the next linked subtask, plus the ability to assign subtasks to other users....that would be brilliant IMO.

• NikNik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May I say that I find this a really bad idea. This will add so much more complexity into a single task - and I love the simple subtask design.

If you need to assign subtasks to other users, your task should have been a task list - and your subtasks should have been tasks.

With that said, adding subtasks is a great way to "take notes" - and it could be useful to be able to convert a task with subtasks to a task list with tasks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature (i.e. treating each 'subtask' just as a 'task', except that it can't have a 'subtask'); a 'project' reduces to really a "task", and a 'task' is really reduces to a "subtask".

• Josh MJosh M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subtask due dates and the ability to assign a subtask to a different user would be a great addition.

Feedback and Knowledge Base