I suggest you ...

Thoughts on Redbooth

The new Redbooth version of Teambox is, imo, decidely BAD. Where is the Gnatt chart? Where is the ability to change the individual color scheme? Where is the ability to link outside pages? And this is just what I can see after trying it for 15 minutes. This had better be just a beta, with more features coming (before you retire the teambox version) or you will have lost a user.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your valuable feedback. You can find Gantt under the new global Tasks view, below the Dashboard. We are exploring moving it to Reporting, let me know if you have any opinion on this.

To answer the rest of your concerns:

Redbooth is the result of a long process in which we decided to focus on two areas: performance and usability. In order to create a rock solid experience we had to rethink many areas of the product that were confusing users, technically challenging to support, or simply making it harder for you to access your data.

This process meant that we had to make some tough decisions to stop supporting the following functions:

- Custom logo
    - Custom login
    - Backgrounds
    - Export
    - Custom apps
    - Push to Dropbox

Some of these features may come back in future iterations, like exporting projects and Push to Dropbox, and some others will not, in favor of a cleaner and more direct approach to the UI.

As far as new features go, we’ve added:

- Subtasks.
    - Task descriptions.
    - Power Search.
    - Reporting.
    - Enhanced HD Meetings.
    - Color coding for projects.

These are just some of the improvements we’ve included in Redbooth. We’ve also worked on making the app scalable for larger teams, and improved its performance significantly.

If you have any specific questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via help@redbooth.com

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elaine BrownElaine Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Is something going wrong with the files area / file share links? Or am I missing something obvious.
        When I copy the file link to clipboard, the available to public link is https://redbooth.com/previews and this doesn't work. It should be redbooth/downloads.?
        I also tried to fix access problems to those files both via the app on my mobile and logged in on mobile phone with safari. Files area seems completely missing.
        Yesterday I couldn't send an ordinary flle link.

• Inés EspanaAdminInés Espana (Customer Service at Redbooth, Teambox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

clicker@myaws.net let me answer your questions:

As I said on a different thread, this is the first iteration of subtasks, more functionalities will be included in the near future.

Reporting is also on an initial stage, we will be adding more layers to it soon. Time tracking is available to all Redbooth users, and it's the first feature we will be iterating, to bring back the calendar mode and filters by month and project.

We take note of your feedback on Power Search, how exactly would you use colors? Would you link them to colored projects?

The improved HD meetings now allow to start videoconferences on the fly with Meet Now. They also support up to 100 participants (in Teambox the limit was 25).

I hope I've answered your questions, if you have any other doubts please don't hesitate. We're at help@redbooth.com.

• Mohammad AmirMohammad Amir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inés, thank you for replying. Who would've thought that you need to press ENTER :P

I was pressing that "+" button like mad. I even opened up my browser debugging tools to see if a request was being sent when I pressed the + button...

• Inés EspanaAdminInés Espana (Customer Service at Redbooth, Teambox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mohammad, we know that getting used to the new UI can take time for some users and that is why we are on a transitional process. However, once you're used to it you'll probably see that actually Redbooth is less busy than Teambox. I am positive that this will improve your collaboration experience.
        If you have specific concerns, please email us at help@redbooth, and we'll listen and tell you how we will continue to improve some features.

As far as subtasks go, you just need to enter text in "Add a subtask" and hit enter to move to the next subtask.

Again, if this is not working as expected, please reach out via help@redbooth.com

Thanks!

• Mohammad AmirMohammad Amir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sub-tasks are not working. I hate the new UI. Please don't retire the old Teambox application. I hate this new cluttered mess!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sub-tasks? Um no. They aren't really sub-tasks they are best described perhaps as "steps". Sub-tasks would enable me to set rules about closure, propagation, etc...Hopefully sub-tasks are still on the design board, as I would not consider what was delivered matched to the requests listed on this site.
        Task descriptions - THANK YOU !! Perfect.
        Power Search - color coding results as to the "type" of record each result is would be helpful.
        Reporting - really? Time tracking would be helpful. What about mobile support for reporting?
        Enhanced HD meetings - Could you detail out how/where the HD meeting functionality was enhanced by Redbooth, when the feature is provided by a 3rd party?
        Color coding projects - THANK YOU !!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with these listed above. I am so disappointed to see the gantt left behind in this new direction. This is a HUGE mistake in my estimation. For my work a gantt chart is critical, I may not be there target audience (general contractor) but I know I'm not the only one who needs a robust gantt. I can say that there are many of these team collaborative products on the market and I will jump to the first one who makes a really good gantt that in integrated into the platform.

3 users in one project were all given shades of the same color and it is irritating that I cannot change this.

Cannot link to outside pages? I did not notice this but I hope it's not true, that would be crazy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base